Scan Completes 2D Shoot Offshore East Africa
Scan Geophysical ASA on Monday said that it has successfully completed acquiring 8,300 kilometers of long offset 2D data offshore East African for GX Technology's East Africa SPANTM program, using its 2D seismic vessel M/V Geo Searcher.
This was the second Scan 2D survey for GXT within the last 12 months. The company successfully recorded approximately 17,000 kilometers for GXT offshore India between February and October 2006 using the same vessel. GXT is now selling data from this ultra-deep, multi-client library under the India SPANTM name to oil & gas companies around the world.
Scan Geophysical ASA was established in 2002 as a
Norwegian seismic data acquisition company
specializing in both marine streamer seismic and
ocean bottom seismic. The company is currently
operating one 2D and one 3D streamer vessel, and
scheduled to launch three new state-of-the-art 3D
vessels during 2008 and one 2002-built 2D/3D
vessel by Q3, 2007. Administration is located in
Oslo, with representatives in Houston, Moscow,
Singapore and Caracas.
- GXT Lands Seismic Gig for Pemex's Exploration Projects (Mar 04)
- Pemex Awards Multi-Year Seismic Contract to GXT (Feb 23)
- GX Technology Adds Sub-Salt Capabilities to Seismic Toolkit (Jun 08)
Company: SCAN Geophysical ASA more info
- SCAN Kicks Off 3D Seismic Operations in South America (Jun 18)
- Gold Oil Concludes 2D Seismic on Peruvian Offshore Block Z34 (May 22)
- Gold Oil Taps SCAN for Seismic Acquisition Offshore Peru (Apr 20)