Hellenic Reports Sirte Basin Discovery
Hellenic Petroleum S. A. on Monday reported a gas discovery in well A1-NC206, which is located in Libya's Sirte Basin.
The well, drilled by Woodside Energy NA Ltd., is located in the Sirte Basin in Libya and was spudded on October 10, 2006. The total depth of 3,475 meters was reached on November 18, 2006. A completion string was run and well testing operations were completed with a rig-less testing unit in March 2007. An initial production test of the Upper Sabil Formation confirmed the presence of a gas column and flowed 12.1 MMscf per day through a 48/64 inch choke, with a gas to condensate ratio of 30-35 bbl/ MMscf. The absolute open flow potential is calculated to be 16.7 MMscf per day. The well was suspended as a gas and condensate discovery.
Woodside Energy (N.A.) drilled the well as an operator under the Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement-3 (EPSA3) with the National Oil Corporation of Libya.
Interests in EPSA3 and the associated joint venture are:
--Woodside Energy (N.A.) Ltd., 45% (Operator) --Repsol Exploration Murzuq, 35% --Hellenic Petroleum S.A., 20%
Further studies are underway to estimate recoverable reserves and evaluate commerciality.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Hellenic Petroleum more info
- Oil Minister: Foreign Oil Companies To Settle Iran's Debt In Euros (Feb 10)
- Vegas Acquires Rights to West Obayed Concession (Dec 17)
- Hellenic Sells 20% Stake in Libyan O&G License (Sep 22)
Company: Libyan National Oil Corporation (NOC) more info
- NOC: Libya Needs A Week To Repair Blown-Up Oil Pipeline (Dec 27)
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)