BG Gets Okay to Use Maersk Guardian in Southern North Sea
BG Norge has been given consent to drill exploration well 7/7-4 with the Maersk Guardian.
Exploration well 7/7-4 lies in the southern North Sea, approx. 260 kilometers southwest of Stavanger. The well is located in exploration license 335, where BG Norge is the operator. The other licensees are Talisman, Lundin and RWE. The water depth at the site is approximately 81 meters.
Maersk Guardian is operated by Maersk Contractors Norge AS. The facility received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) November 1, 2002.
Operates 6 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)