Talisman to Use Maersk Giant on Varg Sor
Talisman Energy Norge AS has received consent to use the Maersk Giant on Varg Sor (the Rev field). The Maersk Giant is to complete production wells 15/12-12 and 15/12-16 S.
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway says consent is an extension of a previous consent to conduct exploration drilling with and use the Maersk Giant on Varg.
The Rev field is located in the southern North Sea, about 230 km southwest of Stavanger.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)