Weatherford to Carry Out Pre-Commissioning on Perenco's SEEG Project
Weatherford's Pipeline & Specialty Services group (P&SS) has been awarded a contract by Global Industries Offshore, LLC. for the provision of Pipeline FCGT (flooding, cleaning, gauging and testing) services on the Perenco SEEG project, Gabon, West Africa.
P&SS was invited by Global to carry out pre-commissioning services comprising the flooding, cleaning, gauging and hydrostatic testing of a 10-in pipeline from Batanga to Port-Gentil (98 km); and flooding, cleaning, gauging and hydrostatic testing of an 8-in pipeline from Port-Gentil to Pongara (108 km). Both lines are in shallow water, with the pre-commissioning being conducted from the beach. The pre-commissioning is scheduled to be completed in Q2/3 2007.
The lines are being installed by Global for the operator Perenco, in order to provide gas to SEEG for power generation in Port Gentil and Libreville.
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Weatherford Names Former Halliburton CFO Its New Chief (Mar 07)
- Document: Algeria's Sonatrach Awards $180M in Oil Service Contracts (May 08)
Company: Perenco more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Reports: Offshore Gas Worker Dies in North Sea Incident (Dec 07)
- BP: Potential Gas Play Could Open Up New Phase of North Sea Development (Dec 06)
- Golar, Perenco Reach Agreement on Commercial Terms of Cameroon FLNG Project (Jul 01)