Petrobras Reaffirms its Partnership with PDVSA
Petrobras has reaffirmed its projects in partnership with PDVSA - Petroleos de Venezuela, the Venezuelan National Oil Company - continue on course. Negotiations involving the construction of the Abreu Lima Refinery, in the Suape Port (state of Pernambuco, Northeastern Brazil), in association with the development of the Carabobo field, in Venezuela, are in progress.
The company reiterates there is no threat the negotiations kicked-off nearly two years ago will be interrupted. It also announces that next Tuesday, International Area director, Nestor Cervero, and Supply director, Paulo Roberto Costa, will be in Caracas, Venezuela, to attend yet another normally-scheduled ordinary meeting of the joint Petrobras/PDVSA committee.
Petrobras remains resolute to study the viability of the projects that are currently under discussion with PDVSA and the Venezuelan government, including mature field revitalization and Mariscal Sucre field development, both in Venezuela.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
Manages 6 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras To Invest 137 Million Reais Iin Sao Paulo Refinery (Mar 08)
- Petrobras Chief Says US Refinery Sale Ongoing, No Plans To Build Elsewhere (Mar 05)
- Petrobras to Sell Pasadena, Texas, Refinery (Feb 06)
Company: PDVSA more info
Operates 14 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Citgo Petroleum Slows Aruba Refinery Revamp Due To US Sanctions (Feb 21)
- Catalytic Cracker At PDVSA's Curacao Refinery Halted After Fire (Feb 16)
- Algeria Sends More Oil To Cuba As Venezuelan Supplies Fall (Jan 10)