Melrose Names New Chief Exec
David Howard Thomas will be joining Melrose Resources plc as its new Chief Executive.
Thomas holds a BSc in Mining Engineering and an MSc in Petroleum Engineering and has 28 years of experience in the international oil and gas industry. He started his career at Conoco, where he held various positions in petroleum engineering, economic planning and management in the UK and United Arab Emirates.
In 1995 he joined Lasmo, the British independent oil and gas company, where he became the Group General Manager Operations. In 2001 Lasmo was acquired by Eni and Mr Thomas subsequently served as Regional Vice President for the North Sea, then Russia, Asia and Australasia and, later, West Africa. During this period he served on the board of a number of Eni's international subsidiary companies. In 2006 he joined the Canadian exploration and production company, Centurion Energy International Inc, where he held the position of President and Chief Operating Officer. It is expected that David Thomas will join Melrose in June 2007.
Robert Adair, Melrose's Executive Chairman, said:
"I am delighted that David Thomas will be joining the Melrose team as Chief
Executive and I look forward to working with him in the years ahead. The company
is in a period of rapid growth and David's wide range of international
experience will be of great benefit as we seek to deliver our ambitious
operating and business development goals. I am particularly pleased that he has
recent experience of working in the Egyptian oil and gas industry (with
Centurion Energy) as Egypt is a core area for Melrose."
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Melrose Resources more info
- Beach Expects Regulatory Nod for Farm-In Offshore Romania by Mid-Oct (Sep 13)
- Melrose and Petroceltic Plan to Merge (Aug 17)
- Exxon, Total Bid for Gas Drilling in The Black Sea (Jun 21)
Company: Centurion Energy International more info
- Thomas to Begin New Role at Melrose in Early June (May 09)
- Melrose Names New Chief Exec (May 02)
- Centurion Set to Become Part of Dana Gas (Jan 09)