Aker Kvaerner to Deliver Mooring Equipment for Gjoa Semisub
Aker Kvaerner has been awarded a contract for delivery of mooring winches and fairleads for Statoil's Gjoa Semi. The total contract value for Aker Kvaerner is approximately NOK 90 million.
"Aker Kvaerner Pusnes is a dominant supplier of these very competitive systems to drilling and production facilities world wide and we are pleased to be chosen for this challenging project by Statoil."
Sixteen Roller RamWinches and 16 underwater fairleads will be used to pull in and secure 150 mm chains used in the mooring lines. The equipment is based on Aker Kvaerner Pusnes' major experience in design and manufacturing of winches and fairleads for such kind of platforms.
Integrated safety features play a significant role in equipment of this type. These features include alarm systems, load monitoring, intelligent sensors and emergency stop.
The equipment will be manufactured in Europe with delivery between January and August 2008.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)