Providence Gears Up for 2007 Celtic Sea Drilling Program
Providence Resources says it has completed site surveying in preparation for its Summer 2007 Celtic Sea drilling program. Using the R.V. Ocean Researcher, Gardline Geosurveys Ltd carried out the site survey over two well locations on the Hook Head structure.
Providence has been advised that Island Oil and Gas plc has taken delivery of the semi-submersible drilling rig, Petrolia, which they have secured for operating their summer drilling program. As per its agreement with Island, Providence and its partners now expect to take delivery of the Petrolia rig at the beginning of August 2007, when a 50-day drilling program over Hook Head in the Celtic Sea will commence.
Commenting on today's announcement, Tony O'Reilly Jnr., Chief Executive of Providence Resources P.l.c., said:
'I am pleased that we have now successfully completed our site surveys and that all aspects of the summer drilling program can now be finalized. This will be a very exciting period for Providence and I look forward to updating you further over the next few months.'
- Providence Expects to Drill Druid Prospect in Summer 2017 (Sep 15)
- Newgrange Prospect Could Hold 13.6 Tcf of Gas (Jul 12)
- Providence Offered LO 16/27 Offshore Ireland (Jun 23)
Company: Island Oil & Gas more info
- Island Oil & Gas Finalizes Terms of Loan for Working Capital (Aug 14)
- San Leon Awarded Full Exploration License in Morocco (Jul 20)
- Serica, Island O&G Collect Exploration Permits Offshore Morocco (Jun 19)