Sherritt Selects Scan for Caribbean 3D Acquisition Programs
Toronto-based Sherritt International Corp. has awarded Scan Geophysical ASA a marine seismic acquisition contract that calls for two 3D programs in the Caribbean region.
The M/V "Scan Resolution", fresh from completing 3D work offshore Venezuela, will conduct the Sherritt surveys. Acquisition is scheduled to begin this week and take approximately 45 days to complete.
Sherritt is involved in nickel and cobalt mining, thermal coal production, oil and gas exploration and production, and electricity generation.
"We are pleased to be able to keep the Scan Resolution busy in the Caribbean," said Stephane Touche, vice president and COO of Scan. "And we are particularly pleased to be doing so with one of Canada's fastest growing energy companies."
Scan Geophysical ASA was established in 2002 as an international seismic data
acquisition company specializing in both marine streamer seismic and ocean bottom
seismic. The company is currently operating one 2D and one 3D vessel, and will soon
launch one 2002-built 3D vessel and three new building state-of-the-art 3D 8-10 streamer
vessels. Administration is located in Oslo, with representatives in Moscow, Singapore
- Peberco Advises Sherritt on $140MM Arrangement for Cuba's Block 7 (Jan 26)
- Cuba Change in Leadership Could Open Economy (Feb 19)
- Scan Completes Caribbean 3D Shoot Early (Jun 01)
Company: SCAN Geophysical ASA more info
- SCAN Kicks Off 3D Seismic Operations in South America (Jun 18)
- Gold Oil Concludes 2D Seismic on Peruvian Offshore Block Z34 (May 22)
- Gold Oil Taps SCAN for Seismic Acquisition Offshore Peru (Apr 20)