PetroVietnam Seeks Active Presence in South America
PetroVietnam wants to set up a long-term and reliable cooperation with Energia Argentina S.A. (ENARSA)--not only in oil and gas exploration and exploitation in Argentina, but also in relevant services in a third country, said a PetroVietnam official.
Dinh La Thang, President of Board of Directors of PetroVietnam - the National Oil and Gas Group - made the comment during a recent meeting with ENARSA officials in Argentina. He visited the South American country seeking cooperation and investment opportunities in Argentina and the South American market.
ENARSA Director Jorge Haiek expressed his hope for a joint venture with PetroVietnam in oil and gas exploration and exploitation offshore Argentina.
The two companies exchanged a draft memorandum of understanding on bilateral cooperation, saying they would endeavor to sign an agreement soon to create a foundation for a long-term partnership.
While in Argentina, PetroVietnam officials met with Argentinean State Secretary in charge of Energy under the Ministry of Planning, Investment and Services Daniel Cameron, who said that the Argentinean Government encourages favorable conditions for PetroVietnam in Argentina as well as its partnership with ENARSA.
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)
Company: ENARSA more info
- Argentina Suspends Auction for Offshore Blocks (Aug 09)
- Argentina Could Know Its Oil, Gas Output Potential by 2011 (Dec 02)
- ENARSA, Sipetrol Argentina YPF & Enap Begin Drilling in the Argentine Sea (Sep 23)