Noble Names Williams Ops Chief
Noble Corp. on Thursday announced that David W. Williams, 50, has been named the company's Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, a position previously held by Mark A. Jackson, Noble's President and Chief Executive Officer.
Williams, who has 28 years of energy industry experience, joined Noble in September 2006 as Senior Vice President - Business Development of Noble Drilling Services Inc. and was subsequently named Senior Vice President - Operations of Noble Drilling Services Inc. in January 2007. Prior to joining Noble, Williams served as Executive Vice President of Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc.
Mark A. Jackson, Noble Corp. President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "David is a proven leader, equipped with an ideal combination of skills and experience needed to ensure a continuation of excellence throughout our worldwide operations. In addition to his broad knowledge of all aspects of the offshore drilling industry, David's deep commitment to safety, protection of the environment, as well as delivering increased value for customers and shareholders, is well recognized within the industry."
Williams holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Marketing from Texas A&M University. He serves on the board of directors of Spindletop Charities, Inc., the International Association of Drilling Contractors and is a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
Noble Corp. is a leading provider of diversified services for the oil and gas industry. The company performs contract drilling services with its fleet of 62 mobile offshore drilling units located in key markets worldwide, including the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, Middle East, Mexico, the North Sea, Brazil, West Africa and India. The fleet count includes six rigs under construction.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Noble Corporation more info
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)
Company: SPE more info
- Oil Price, Industry Costs Dominate Debate at SPE Amsterdam Meet (Oct 27)
- SPE to Host 'World First' Event on Workplace Discrimination (Sep 08)
- SPE Names New Chairman (Aug 17)
Company: International Association of Drilling Contractors more info
- Oil, Gas Industry Sounds Off on BSEE Proposed Well Control Rule (Jul 17)
- IADC Advocates Prompt Return to Deepwater Drilling (Jul 14)
- Tx. Congressmen, Drilling Industry Pledge Support to Fight Drilling Ban (Jul 09)