BJ Services Wins Work in Equatorial Guinea
BJ Tubular Services has been awarded a contract by Noble Energy EG Ltd to provide well services in Equatorial Guinea. The contract provides for casing and tubing running, and onshore bucking services. The recent award from Noble Energy reflects the division's aggressive expansion program in West Africa.
The range of services BJ is supplying are being carried out on six wells in conjunction with Noble Energy's 2006-07 drilling campaign on Blocks O and I offshore Equatorial Guinea. BJ is working from the Songa Saturn drill ship, formerly known as the Robert F. Bauer, in depths of 300-800 meters.
In 2005, BJ Tubular Services successfully provided casing and tubing running services for Noble Energy on the Belinda 1 well from the GlobalSantaFe Adriatic VI jack-up offshore Equatorial Guinea.
"The recent work awarded to us by Noble Energy is a real testament to our ongoing commitment to West Africa, where we have been operating since 1998. The inroads we have made in Equatorial Guinea since then -- in terms of supplying our core services, and hammer conductor-driving and onshore bucking services -- have been a huge success," said Kenny Watt, division manager of BJ Tubular Services. "We look forward to building upon our recent success on the Belinda 1, and will aim to deliver our services on Blocks O and 1 with care and efficiency," he added.
- Noble Energy Gives In to Permian and Transport Challenges, Shares Fall (Aug 03)
- Israel, Egypt Gas Partners Near Deal to Control EMG Pipeline (Jun 14)
- Noble Energy's Sales Volume Forecast Disappoints, Shares Slide (May 01)
Company: BJ Services Company more info
- Baker Hughes Closes BJ Services Acquisition (Apr 29)
- Baker Hughes, BJ Services Reach Final Agreement with DOJ (Apr 27)
- BJ Services Gets to Work on Casablanca Platform (Apr 09)