EnCore, Lundin, and Toreador Team Up on French License App
EnCore (E&P) Limited, Lundin International, and Toreador Energy France have all agreed to combine their applications for an exploration license in France's Paris basin into a single application, according to EnCore Oil plc. The 444-square-kilometer Mairy license (formerly Vitry la Ville) that the companies are seeking is located near Chalons sur Marne.
French regulatory authorities suggested the companies join forces following two separate applications for a license in the area. Lundin, an experienced operator in the region with a number of exploration and production licenses, will hold 40 percent interest and will serve as operator. Toreador, which also owns and operates oil fields and exploration acreage in the region, and EnCore will each own a 30-percent interest. It is anticipated that the license award should now be confirmed by the authorities in the next few months.
The license contains the previously producing LVB-1 well, which produced approximately 59,000 barrels of oil during 688 producing days before being abandoned.
"We are pleased to announce this addition to our portfolio with our first
interest in France, which we expect to be formally awarded shortly," said Alan Booth, Chief Executive Officer of EnCore Oil. "We believe the license has great potential and are particularly pleased to be entering into partnership with Lundin and Toreador, both experienced operators in the area."
- ZaZa, Toreador Finalize Merger (Feb 22)
- Toreador to Kick-Off French Shale Section Exploration (Oct 24)
- Toreador Comments on France's Fracking-Ban (Jul 06)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
Company: EnCore Oil plc more info
- Deo Petroleum: Amalgamation Agreement Finalized (Jan 12)
- Egdon Acquires EnCore Stake (Jan 06)
- Weather Delays Drilling at EnCore's Tudor Rose Well (Dec 08)