Genesis and ffA Strike Software Development, Licensing Deal
Genesis Petroleum Norway AS, a Norwegian joint venture owned equally by Genesis Petroleum PLC and Petroleum Geo-Services (PGS), has entered into a development and license agreement with Foster Findlay Associates Ltd (ffA), a leading provider of 3D seismic image processing technology for the oil and gas industry. The agreement encompasses contribution to the development and application of the volume-based seismic interpretation and imaging technology, SVI Pro.
Speaking for Genesis Norway, Paul Spencer, Chief Geologist commented:
"This collaboration is extremely exciting for us. We see SVI Pro as a vital link in our workflows and will contribute to many aspects of our value chain. The cooperation with ffA will allow us to remain at the forefront of emerging technology and to screen large amounts of 3D seismic data quickly, dynamically and effectively. The full integration of this software into our technical portfolio will allow us to focus our energy and technical competence on exciting and under-explored play fairways and utilize our unique access to the most extensive seismic database in North West Europe to the utmost."
Speaking for ffA, Jonathan Henderson, Managing Director, commented:
"As a new and dynamic company that is committed to excellence, Genesis Norway is a great Development Partner for ffA. Genesis Norway recognises the difference that ffA's SVI Pro software can make to its exploration program and we are delighted to be working with them."
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- PGS Raises Funds Through Private Placement (Nov 23)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: Genesis Petroleum more info
- Genesis Picks Up UK North Sea, Norwegian Blocks (Jun 15)
- Genesis Scoops Up Production License Offshore Norway (May 01)
- Genesis Grabs Interests in 2 UK North Sea Licenses (Nov 13)
Company: Foster Findlay Associates Limited more info
- ffA Signs 6-Year Software Deployment Agreement with Statoil (Apr 26)
- ffA Releases Latest 3D Seismic Analysis Software (Feb 05)
- ffA, TerraSpark Team Up for Seismic Research & Development (Jan 26)