Thailand Grants JSX 1.5M More Acres
JSX Energy Inc. has been awarded Petroleum Concessions L3/48 and L9/48 by Thailand's Ministry of Energy. These new blocks are located in Sukhothai & Lampang provinces; a highly prospective yet under-explored region of northwest Thailand.
"Our patience and hard work has been rewarded," stated Luc Desmarais, JSX's President & CEO. "With a total of three concessions and 2,500,000 acres under exclusive license, our technical experts will now accelerate their analysis of all available data, with a view to drilling high probability targets as quickly as possible."
JSX has agreed to jointly explore & develop the fields with Interra Resources of Singapore and the two companies have been planning their strategy since first agreeing to work together in December last year. Aside from reinterpreting 100 kilometers of reprocessed 2D seismic, JSX geophysicists are also analyzing Bouguer gravity data, Landsat-7 Imagery, and "Digital Elevation Model" data collected from the Space Shuttle Endeavor during the Shuttle Radar Topography Mission in 2000. New and valuable information has emerged from the combined data that will greatly enhance target selection for the upcoming drilling program.
JSX Energy Inc. is an aggressive exploration company focused on high growth opportunities in Thailand's petroleum sector. Management is comprised of leading experts in Thailand's energy Industry who have positioned the Company to benefit from revised government policies designed to increase domestic production.
- Interra Inks Deal for a 50% Stake in Thai Concessions (Nov 07)
- Thai Government Approved Interra's Farm-in/out Agreement with JSX (Oct 23)
- JSX Encouraged by Mae Sot Seismic Findings (May 08)
Company: Thailand Ministry of Energy more info
- Thailand's EPPO Says Country May Face Gas Shortage in 2020-2021 (Jun 23)
- Thailand May Give Investors Choice of Concession or PSC in New Bid Round (Aug 13)
- Thailand to Proceed with Exploration Block Bidding Round Despite Opposition (Jan 16)