Statoil Strengthens Position in Norwegian Sea
Statoil has taken over parts of Shell's interests in Norwegian Sea exploration licenses.
Operator Statoil has signed agreements with Shell regarding the takeover of Shell's interest in production license 281 Midnattssol in the Norwegian Sea from January 1, 2007.
At the same time, operator Statoil takes over 2.5% of Shell's 10% interest in production license 328 Obelix in the North Sea's Voring Basin. Statoil will now have a 42.5% interest in the Obelix license.
"This strengthens our Norwegian Sea position, which is an important area to us," says Tim Dodson, Statoil's senior vice president for exploration in Exploration & Production Norway (EPN).
"We've already made several interesting finds and have great faith in the area."
Statoil has a 50% interest in the Midnattssol license following the transaction. One exploration well, named Elida, has already been drilled in the license. The result from this well was interpreted as encouraging for further exploration. Plans call for well number two to be drilled in May/June 2007.
Other licensees are E.ON Ruhrgas with 20%, Petoro (20%) and ConocoPhillips (10%).
Statoil is operator for the I Obelix license. Other licensees are Shell with 7.5%, Petoro (20%) and Gaz de France (30%).
The transactions are dependent on regulatory approval.
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Gaz de France more info
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)
Company: Petoro more info
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Ruhrgas more info
- Rocksource Hits Dry Well at Breiflabb Prospect (Jul 18)
- E. On Ruhrgas to Spin Bit in North Sea (Jun 23)
- Sevan, Ruhrgas Sign LOI for FPSO for Huntington Development (May 04)