Hess Accelerates Oil Output from Ujung Pangkah
US-based Hess Corp. will accelerate oil output from Ujung Pangkah field in East Java from 2009 to April 2007. Initial production from the field is estimated at 1,600 barrels a day, BPMIGAS Deputy for Operations Dodi Hidayat said.
"Production acceleration will be conducted while they wait for the permanent facilities to be completed in 2009," Dodi said, adding that Ujung Pangkah will also produce 100 mmscfd of gas.
Crude output from Ujung Pangkah area will be sent through a shuttle tanker to Natomas Floating Storage and Offloading in Tuban. The field is expected to produce oil at 5,000 barrels a day in 2009.
Hess owns 75% stake in Pangkah Block, while ConocoPhillips has the remaining 25%.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess Cutting Hundreds of Workers As It Battles Activist Investor (Jan 16)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
Company: BP Migas more info
- Indonesia Greenlights BP's $12.1B LNG Proj. at Tangguh (Nov 02)
- Gas Deliveries from Ruby Field Offshore Indonesia to Start Late September (Sep 07)
- Indonesian Regulator Approves 12 O&G Development Plans (Aug 13)