Total, Libya's NOC Discuss Activities
Shokri Ghanem, Chairman of the Management Committee of Libya's National Oil Corp., on Saturday met with Christophe Margerie, Chairman of Total S.A.
The meeting was attended by members of the NOC Management Committee; Jean de Casanova and Philippe Malzac of the French company Total; and Ahmed Aboulysen, Chairman of the Management Committee (operator) for the company Total Libya.
Participants reviewed the activities of Total Libya and discussed ways to develop bilateral relations and increasing the volume of investment in exploration and production. The company indicated its commitment to the implementation of training and development programs. Moreover, it is about to complete the procedures for changing the name of the company in Libya to become Mabruk Oil Operations.
NOC said that Total Libya is currently producing 18,000 barrels per day from Mabruk field and 40,000 barrels from the Al-Jurf field.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Libyan National Oil Corporation (NOC) more info
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)
- Source: Libya's Sharara Oil Field Reopens After Pipeline Blockade (Sep 05)