PanAm Renegotiation to Provide Chubut with US$778mn
Argentina's Chubut province will receive an additional US$778mn over the next 10 years as a result of the renegotiation of E&P contracts held by Anglo-Argentine firm Pan American Energy (NYSE: PAE), the provincial government said in a statement.
Pan American holds 54% of hydrocarbons areas in the province.
Other operators in the province - including the YPF subsidiary of Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP), the Sipetrol subsidiary of Chile's state oil company Enap and local oil company Tecpetrol - will have to renegotiate their contracts in similar ways.
As a result of Pan American's negotiations, the province will create a US$120mn infrastructure fund for the next four years, according to a separate statement.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Exxon, Total, Repsol Among Bidders For Oil Exploration Off Greece (Mar 05)
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Tecpetrol more info
- Union Leader: Argentina's Tecpetrol To Invest $2.3B In Vaca Muerta (Mar 23)
- Pluspetrol to Invest $500M in Peru Natgas Block (Aug 04)
- PetroNova Relinquishes CPO-6 Interest (Jul 05)
Company: Pan American Energy more info
- Pan American Energy to Invest $1.4B in Argentina this Year (Jul 14)
- Official: Argentina To Boost Crude Oil Output To 653,000 Bpd By 2025 (May 27)
- Pan American Energy to Invest $3.4B in Argentina from 2013-2017 (Dec 28)
Company: Enap more info
- Sea Trucks Bags Pipelay Construction Deal in Magallanes Field Off Argentina (Jul 05)
- Argentina's YPF, Chile's ENAP Agree Extra $200M for Offshore Gas Project (Nov 17)
- ENAP: Chile Eyes Use Of US Shale Gas In Early 2016 (Jul 15)