Cecon and Deepflex Agree to Charter Contract, Strategic Alliance
Cecon ASA has entered into an Agreement with Deepflex Inc. Houston, whereby Deepflex has chartered both the two Cecon Newbuildings for 150 days per year each for a firm period of five years, plus three yearly options.
The agreement furthermore states an intent for Cecon and Deepflex to cooperate through a utilization by Deepflex of Cecon's installation services, and promotion by Cecon of Deepflex' products.
Deepflex will as part of the agreement provide a 2,500-ton carousel for under deck installation in both vessels.
Contract value for the firm period is estimated at US$112 million (NOK 675 million).
With this agreement, Cecon expects to have secured full utilization of its two newbuild vessels for the duration of the contract, as the remaining vessel days will be utilized by Cecon in its own subsea installation business.
Cecon ASA is a subsea installation contractor that provides services related to the installation of pipelines, mooring systems and risers and other subsea structures. The company is located in Arendal, Norway. Cecon has ordered two large offshore construction vessels to be built by Davie Quebec Inc., Canada, according to Vik-Sandvik VS 4220 design with expected delivery April 2009, and August 2009, with options for four vessels.
DeepFlex Inc is a manufacturer of a new generation of lightweight, flexible, non-metallic, un-bonded pipes for use in subsea and other applications, situated in Houston and Galveston, Texas. The company is part owned by Chevron Technology Ventures.
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Angola LNG Production Setback Prompts Tender Cancellation (Jan 08)
Company: Davie Maritime more info
- Cecon and Deepflex Agree to Charter Contract, Strategic Alliance (Apr 23)
- Torch to Complete Financing on Midnight Express Project Soon (Apr 16)
Company: DeepFlex, Inc. more info
- DeepFlex Mourns Death of Co-Founder (Apr 14)
- DeepFlex Welcomes New VP of Engineering (Jan 06)
- DeepFlex Wins Top Honors in 2009 FastTech 50 Awards (Nov 09)
Company: Cecon ASA more info
- Cecon Secures LOA for Subsea Installation in W. Africa (Oct 06)
- Cecon Enters LOI with Potential Investor (Jul 27)
- Cecon to Assess Newbuilding Program (Mar 15)