Bjorge Acquires Aker Kvaerner's Topside Pumps Activities
Bjorge ASA has signed an agreement with Aker Kværner Subsea AS to acquire its activities within topside pumps. Bjorge takes over the technology and assets required in order to be able to manufacture and market the topside pumps developed by Aker Kværner (Eureka pumps). The agreement further enables Bjorge to service all topside pumps supplied by Aker Kværner within the onshore and offshore oil & gas segment in Norway and abroad.
Bjorge will now start further development and marketing of topside pumps to the oil and gas industry with a basis on the pump technology developed by Aker Kværner since the early 1970s. The agreement entails a strengthening of Bjorge's existing pump activity in that it allows it to offer Eureka pumps to the market, in addition to its existing pump portfolio. Bjorge has during the last year built up a separate pump operation that is now expected to see considerable growth as a result of the installed pump base of Aker Kværner.
The agreement that has now been signed with Aker Kværner, in combination with Bjorge's co-operation with Flowserve, gives Bjorge the opportunity to emerge as a leading and complete supplier of pumps / pump systems with associated service to the oil and gas industry.
The agreement will strengthen Bjorge in its development as a high-tech and high-competence company.
The agreement is subject to the approval of the Norwegian Competition Authority.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Flowserve Corp. more info
- Flowserve Opens Pump Manufacturing Plant in Coimbatore, India (Mar 14)
- Flowserve Clinches Contract for Shell's Malikai Oil Project off Sabah (Mar 06)
- Flowserve Unveils New IPS Beacon Condition Monitor (Jun 15)
Company: Bjorge ASA more info
- Aasland Takes Helm At Bjoerge (Jan 05)
- GE O&G Awards Bjorge Naxys Contract for Monitoring Subsea Installations (Jun 29)
- EnerMech Snaps Up Norwegian North Sea Crane Division (Oct 30)