Sibir Responds to Mitvol's Reported Comments
Sibir Energy plc on Friday commented on wire service and press reports of statements made yesterday by a Russian environmental official, Oleg Mitvol.
In the reports, Mitvol raised questions about the accuracy of reserves figures reported by certain foreign-owned natural resource companies. [Editor's note: According to press reports from Thursday, Mitvol claimed that such companies have been overstating their reserves in an effort to raise their share prices.] Sibir stated for the record that the reserves figures it reported are the Russian standard reserves as reported by the Russian State Committee on Reserves (GKZ).
For the avoidance of doubt, Sibir said that its reserves and those of the Russian State
Committee on Reserves are one and the same.
- Salym JV Sets New Oil Production Record in Western Siberia (Apr 15)
- Sibir Launches High Court Proceedings against 2 Former Directors (Apr 07)
- Sibir Achieves Production Record of 7.1MM Barrels in Q4 2008 (Apr 07)
Company: Russian State Committee on Reserves (GKZ) more info
- Russia Verifies Reserves at Imperial's Sredneglukhovskoye Field (Sep 19)
- Sibir Responds to Mitvol's Reported Comments (Apr 20)