Shell Highest Bidder in MMS Beaufort Sea Oil, Gas Lease Sale
WASHINGTON Apr 19, 2007 (Dow Jones News)
Royal Dutch Shell PLC (RDSA) was the highest bidder on the most oil and gas exploration blocks in the U.S. Minerals Management Service Beaufort Sea lease sale, according to details posted by the MMS Wednesday.
Shell submitted high bids on 49 of the 92 blocks auctioned off in the Alaskan oil and gas lease, for roughly $39.3 million of the total $42 million the MMS garnered from all of the blocks. The Beaufort Sea Sale offered 254 blocks totaling 8.7 million acres offshore Alaska's northern coast.
"We are pleased with the sale results," said MMS Regional Director John Goll. "The oil and gas resources present in the Beaufort Sea are vital to our nation's and Alaska's economy, and we hope this will boost future supplies into the Trans-Alaska pipeline."
Shell's primary focus was on blocks around Flaxman Island.
France's Total SA (TOT) submitted high bids on 32 blocks with a total bid price of $2.2 million. Italy's Eni SPA (E) submitted high bids on seven blocks, with a total bid price of $466,000. ConocoPhillips (COP) and BP PLC (BP) were high bidders on one block each.
Copyright (c) 2007 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP Returns To Solar With Investment In Lightsource (Dec 15)
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)