Punj Lloyd to Build Oman Gas Pipeline on EPC Basis
Punj Lloyd Limited (PLL) has secured the contract for construction of pipeline from OGC (Oman Gas Company) on an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) basis in Oman. The contract is valued at Rs 530 crore.
The scope of work involves EPC of 24-inch, 40-km pipeline from Murayrat to Barka, 32-inch, 252 km pipeline from Saih Rawl to Mukhaizna loopline, with an optional scope of construction of compression station at Nimr. The project is likely to be completed by October 2008.
With this, the order backlog for the PLL group on consolidated basis is Rs 17,568.40 crore. This is the total value of unexecuted orders as of December 31, 2006, and new orders received till date.
Punj Lloyd is among the largest engineering and construction companies in India providing integrated design, engineering, procurement, construction and project management services for energy and infrastructure sector projects with operations spread across many regions in the Middle East, Caspian, Asia Pacific, Africa and South Asia.
Oman Gas Company is jointly owned by the Ministry of Oil and Gas Government of the Sultanate of Oman (80 percent) and Oman Oil Company (20 percent), operates and maintains a gas network across the Sultanate comprising also pressure control and metering stations and ancillary facilities, and 21 customer gas supply stations. As one of the major gas Transportation Company in Oman, Oman Gas Company S.A.O.C. (OGC) delivers natural gas fueling the economic sectors in the country, such as power plants and industries. The Company is involved in the transmission and distribution of natural gas, through a large network of gas pipelines and associated facilities.
- Court Orders Payment Freeze on Swiber's Bank Guarantee for Indian Projects (Aug 10)
- Punj Lloyd Group Bags Pipeline Service Contract for India's Mangla Project (Jan 08)
- Punj Lloyd Group Boasts Revenue Growth of 69% (Oct 23)
Company: Oman Ministry of Oil and Gas more info
- Oman's Ministry of Oil & Gas Extends Masirah Oil's Block 50 License to 2020 (Sep 06)
- MOG Invites Bids for 5 Onshore, Offshore Blocks in Oman Bid Round 2014 (Aug 06)
- Minister: Oman Aims to Keep Oil Output Steady Over Two to Three Years (Jan 13)
Company: Oman Gas Co. (OGC) more info
- Punj Lloyd to Build Oman Gas Pipeline on EPC Basis (Apr 19)