Gran Tierra Updates Juanambu-1 Testing Schedule
Gran Tierra Energy Inc. has begun mobilizing the Pride-6 service rig to the Juanambu-1 exploration well location in the Guayuyaco Block, Putumayo Basin, in southern Colombia.
Gran Tierra earlier reported that its Juanambu-1 well encountered reservoir quality sandstones with hydrocarbon shows in four zones. These zones will be evaluated with the test program, which is expected to last approximately three weeks once the service rig is on location.
Gran Tierra Energy holds a 50% working interest and is Operator of this block. Partner, Solana Resources Limited, holds a 50% working interest and Ecopetrol has a 30% interest back-in right on commercial discoveries. If Ecopetrol exercises its back-in right, then Gran Tierra Energy will hold a 35% working interest and retain Operatorship, and Solana Resources Limited will hold a 35% working interest in the new commercial field.
The Pride-17 drilling rig, which drilled the Juanambu-1 well, has been mobilized to the adjoining Chaza Block and has initiated the drilling of the Costayaco-1 exploration well. Gran Tierra is the operator of the Chaza block with a 50% working interest.
Gran Tierra Energy Inc. is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, headquartered in Calgary, Canada, incorporated and traded in the United States and operating in South America. Gran Tierra holds interests in producing and prospective properties in Argentina, Colombia and Peru.
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Names New CEO, Echeverry Resigns (Aug 17)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Rubiales Oil Output Hit By Protests (Jun 27)
- Rebel Bomb Attack Halts Colombia's Cano Limon Crude Pipeline (Jun 22)
Company: Solana Resources more info
- Los Aceites-1 in Colombia Flows 5,645 BOPD (Oct 09)
- Solana Tests Positive at Los Aceites-1 in Colombia (Sep 04)
- Solana Makes Headway on Los Aceites-1 in Colombia (Aug 25)
Company: Gran Tierra Energy more info
- Gran Tierra Receives 'Outperform' Rating After Revealing Exploration Plans (Jun 15)
- Gran Tierra Energy Reveals $38.6 Million Net Loss (Aug 05)
- Gran Tierra Touts Record Production in Colombia (Apr 17)