DNO Names New Ops Chief
DNO ASA on Tuesday announced the appointment of Ivar Brandvold, into the newly created position of Chief Operating Officer in DNO ASA.
Brandvold, 51, joins DNO from Norsk Hydro ASA, where he currently holds the position as Head of Drilling, with responsibility for the global drilling operations of the company. Brandvold has broad experience from several senior positions in Norsk Hydro, including exploration, drilling, technology development and production in both Norway and international assignments.
As Chief Operating Officer, he will oversee all upstream activities including the planning and execution of DNO's exploration and development drilling across its operations in Norway, the Middle East and Africa. Brandvold will join DNO's Corporate Management Team, working with senior management in all aspects of DNO's upstream activities, and he will report to Helge Eide, Managing Director and CEO of DNO ASA.
Commenting on the appointment, Helge Eide said:
"We are delighted that Ivar has agreed to join DNO at such an exciting time in the Company's development. DNO is planning to drill 53 wells in 2007 across its worldwide operations, and we are looking forward to his input and expertise as our growth strategy is executed."
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: DNO more info
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)