Afren, Amni Lease FPSO for Okoro Setu
Afren plc and its partner, Amni International Petroleum Development (AMNI), on Tuesday announced the signing of a contract with Bumi Armada Berhad for a Floating Production Storage and Offloading vessel (FPSO). The Armada Perkasa FPSO will be leased to Afren's Okoro Setu Project offshore Nigeria over a fixed 5-year period. Securing the vessel is the final milestone in ensuring that Afren is positioned to commence production from Okoro Setu in early 2008.
The Armada Perkasa is owned and operated by Bumi Armada Berhad, a major FPSO marine operator that is part of the Usaha Tegas group, one of the largest investment groups in Malaysia. The vessel storage capacity is 360,000 barrels with a processing capacity of 27,000 barrels per day. The unit will process the total well fluids, producing stabilized crude for storage in the FPSO, with subsequent regular off-take by tanker.
Following the successful appraisal drilling program, completed in December 2006, Afren has put in place the drilling capability, financing structure, development plan and now the production capacity for the Okoro Setu Project, in order to achieve its production target of 15,000 – 20,000 barrels per day in early 2008:
--Fully underwritten US$200 million debt facility --Government approval for the Field Development Plan --FPSO contract secured --Development drilling scheduled to commence in Q3 2007 with the Global Santa Fe Adriatic VI drilling unit contracted for a nine month program
Osman Shahenshah, Chief Executive of Afren, commented:
"It is testament to the strength of Afren's management and technical team, and its close working relationship with AMNI, its indigenous partner, that in less than a year since agreeing its involvement in the project the Company is now fully prepared and well positioned to commence production from the Okoro Setu Project in early 2008.
"This announcement represents the final in a series of operational milestones Afren has set out to achieve in recent months. We now look forward to continued progress on our new ventures pipeline and starting development drilling in Q3 2007."
- Transocean's GlobalSantaFe Merger Proves Positive in Year End Review (Feb 20)
- GlobalSantaFe Updates Customs Investigation (Nov 27)
- Transocean Closes Merger with GlobalSantaFe (Nov 27)
Company: AMNI Petroleum more info
- Afren to Maximize Okoro Setu Production, Sees Strong Growth in '09 (Dec 16)
- Afren, AMNI Enthused by First Oil from Okoro Setu Project (Jun 10)
- Thebaud Sea Mobilizes for Flexible Pipe Installation at Okoro (Mar 04)
Company: Afren PLC more info
- Lekoil Acquires Afren's Stake in the Ogo Field Offshore Nigeria (Dec 01)
- Oil Producer Afren's Board to Put Company into Administration (Jul 31)
- Afren Requests Suspension of Shares (Jul 15)
Company: Bumi Armada Navigation Sdn Bhd more info
- Bumi Armada Wins Nigerian FPSO Contract from Eni's Agip (Jun 18)
- Afren, Amni Lease FPSO for Okoro Setu (Apr 17)
- Pan-United Wins First FPSO Ship Conversion Contract (Dec 20)