Gippsland Offshore Petroleum Looking to Farm-out Jamaica Acreage
Gippsland Offshore Petroleum and its partners in the Jamaica Joint Venture, Finder Exploration, have completed exploring their large tranche of acreage in the Walton Basin, Offshore Jamaica over the past year. The companies are now looking to jointly farm-out the next stage of exploration to test the mapped leads and prospects.
The data interpretation of the 2D seismic (7,000km) and FALCON airborne gravity gradiometry data (26,000km) is being finalized and Gippsland Offshore is very encouraged by the preliminary results. It is our intention to complete the current work in the next six weeks with a view to presenting results, arranging a data room and achieving a farm-out in late May 2007.
Participants in the Jamaica Joint Venture are Gippsland Offshore Petroleum Limited 50% and Finder Exploration Pty Ltd.
- Gippsland Offshore Snags Gas Rights, to Drill 2 Wells in Kenya (Oct 31)
- Gippsland's Second Quarter Marked by JV Well Development (Jul 31)
- Gippsland Lands Saint Griede Permit in France's Aquitaine Basin (Jun 25)
Company: Finder Exploration Pty Ltd more info
- Finder Sells Entire Acreage Holding Off WA to Quadrant Energy Australia (May 03)
- Planning Underway to Drill Roc-2 Appraisal Well Off WA in 2H 2016 (Mar 17)
- Carnarvon Confirms Condensate Rich Gas Find at Roc-1 Well in Block WA-437-P (Jan 18)