Norsk Hydro to Use Transocean Winner on Tune
Norsk Hydro Produksjon AS has received consent from the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway to use the Transocean Winner to drill a top hole on well 30/8-A-21 H at Tune Sor.
The Transocean Winner received the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway's Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in August 2006
Tune Sor is the third development phase for the Tune field. A single well, 30/8-A-21 H is to be drilled through a pre-existing satellite template. The plan does not entail penetration of hydrocarbon-bearing strata.
The activity is expected to last for approximately 20 days.
Drilling of the top hole sections is a preparation for connection of the satellite to Tune Main, which currently produces to the Oseberg Field Center.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)