Five Companies Buy Anegada-Labay Seismic Bidding Rules
Five firms have bought bidding rules for an international seismic study tender for the Golfo de Mexico Sur project that Mexican state oil company Pemex's E&P unit Pemex Exploracion y Produccion (PEP) launched earlier this month.
The potential bidders are Compania Mexicana de Geofisica, Fugro Chance de Mexico, PGS Mexicana, Dowell Schlumberger de Mexico and Wavefield INSEIS AS, according to PEP question and answer meeting minutes.
Bidding rules will be available through May 9 and offers due May 15.
The winner will carry out the Anegada-Labay 3D surface seismic exploration study in a 15,082 sq km area offshore Veracruz state.
The high-resolution seismic data will help PEP define underground structural and stratigraphic characteristics to confirm possible hydrocarbons-bearing traps.
Pemex has budgeted an initial US$43.8mn for the study, which is due to begin in July and will take 483 days to complete.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Schlumberger more info
- Schlumberger Profit Beats, Predicts Strong 2018 For Shale (Jan 19)
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
Company: Pemex more info
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)
Company: PGS more info
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- PGS Raises Funds Through Private Placement (Nov 23)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: Wavefield Inseis AS more info
- CGGVeritas Sets the Date for Acquisition of Wavefield Inseis (Feb 04)
- CGGVeritas' Settlement for Wavefield's Shares Expected to Close Tomorrow (Feb 03)
- CGGVeritas Closes Mandatory Offer for All Wavefield Shares (Jan 28)
Company: Compania Mexicana de Geofisica more info
- Five Companies Buy Anegada-Labay Seismic Bidding Rules (Apr 16)