Vietnam Makes Oil Discovery
About 37 MMbbl of probable crude oil reserves is believed to rest under the Phuong Dong oil field on block 15.2 off southern Vietnam, according to a government report.
The report, which is available at www.vietnam.gov.vn, also reports that appraisals showed condensate reserves of 5.4 MMbbl and 3.16 bcm.
Further tests are underway to determine the exact oil reserves.
JVPC operates the field with 46.5% interest along with partners ConocoPhillips 36% and Petrovietnam (PVEP) 17.5%.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Shale Producers Urge FERC To Deny White Cliffs Oil Pipeline's Fee Request (Feb 23)
- Why Canada Is The Next Frontier For Shale Oil (Jan 29)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)
Company: JVPC more info
- Fairmount Marine Tows Naga 3 Jackup to Block 15-2 Offshore Vietnam (May 28)
- Fairmount Marine Tows Naga 3 to Vung Tau, Vietnam to Prepare for JVPC's Job (May 02)
- PV Drilling to Supply Oil Rig to Japan Vietnam Petroleum (Nov 27)