Aker Kvaerner, ERSAI Land Kashagan Hook-up
An unincorporated Aker Kvaerner/ERSAI consortium has started early work activities for Agip KCO for the hook-up and commissioning of the first phase of the Kashagan field development in the Kazakhstan sector of the Caspian Sea. These activities lasts for three months are and are worth up to US$157 million.
In addition, Agip KCO and the Aker Kvaerner/ERSAI consortium have signed a letter of intent for a potential contract for the hook-up work for the first phase of the Kashagan field development.
Aker Kvaerner is currently constructing the process facilities for the first phase, called the Experimental Program, of the Kashagan field development project. "I'm extremely pleased to announce this letter of intent for the hook-up of the production facilities for the first phase of the Kashagan field development. It confirms our strong foothold in the region, a region which will continue to develop its huge natural resources rapidly," says Martinus Brandal, President & CEO in Aker Kvaerner.
The potential contract includes offshore hook-up and commissioning of the offshore facilities as well as inshore completion. In addition to the hook-up and commissioning of the process facilities, the offshore scope includes temporary living quarters for 1 200 people, offices for both the contractors and the client, tools and equipment as well as temporary barges for power generation, work air, tool sheds and warehouse.
Agip Kazakhstan North Caspian Operating Company (KCO) N.V., a company fully owned by Eni S.p.A., is the Operator of the appraisal, development and future production operations in the Kazakhstan sector of the Caspian Sea, including the giant Kashagan field, on behalf of seven international companies and under the North Caspian Sea Production Sharing Agreement (PSA).
Consortium companies: Eni S.p.A. (Agip Caspian Sea B.V. - Operator) 18.52%; JSC NC KazMunayGas (KMG Kashagan B.V.) 8.33%; ExxonMobil Kazakhstan Inc. 18.52%; Shell Kazakhstan Development B.V. 18.52%; Total E&P Kazakhstan 18.52%; ConocoPhillips (Phillips Petroleum Kazakhstan Ltd.) 9.26%; INPEX North Caspian Sea Ltd. 8.33%.
The Kashagan field, 80 km southeast of Atyrau is the first large-scale offshore petroleum development in Kazakhstan. Kashagan extends over an area of approximately 75 km x 45 km and is named after a 19th century Kazakh poet from Aktau. Kashagan is the largest oilfield discovered in the northern part of the Caspian Sea.
Aker Kvaerner and ERSAI Caspian Contractor LLC have formed an unincorporated consortium for the hook-up work, both offshore and inshore, with a revenue distribution of approximately 50/50. The actual distribution of revenue will vary from phase to phase depending on each contractor's scope. Contract partners to Agip KCO are Aker Kvaerner Engineering & Technology and ERSAI Caspian Contractor LLC.
Aker Kvaerner ASA is a leading global provider of engineering and construction services, technology products and integrated solutions. The business within Aker Kvaerner comprises several industries, including Oil & Gas, Refining & Chemicals, Mining & Metals and Power Generation.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Exxon Mobil Corporation more info
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- ExxonMobil to Lead Construction, Ops of Mozambique LNG Facilities (Dec 13)
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: KazMunayGas more info
- New UK Listing Rules Set to Attract State Companies Beyond Aramco (Jul 17)
- KMG Switches from Urals Supplies to Romanian Refineries as Prices Rise (Jul 11)
- S.Korea's KNOC In Talks With Kazakhstan To Drop Oil Field Project (Aug 05)
Company: Agip more info
- Niger Delta Avengers Attack Escravos Terminal (May 26)
- CAMAC Ups West African Interests (Dec 30)
- Saipem Wins Jack/St. Malo, Kashagan Contracts (Dec 16)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: ERSAI more info
- Aker Kvaerner, ERSAI Land Kashagan Hook-up (Apr 13)