Chaco Announces Spudding of Sayona-1
Chaco Resources Plc said that the Sayona-1 well, the second well on the Primavera block in the Llanos Basin in Colombia, has begun drilling. The well, which is operated by Gran Tierra Energy, is planned to drill to approximately 3,800 feet, and is expected to take approximately two weeks. Chaco Resources has a 55% interest in the well.
The exploration targets are the high-quality sands of the Carbonera formation.
The current exploration phase in the Primavera block terminates in May 2007. The completion of the Sayona-1 well will constitute the completion of our exploration commitment for phase one of the work program on the block.
- Bolivia: Four Companies Operating Under New Contracts (Jun 27)
- Chaco Announces Name Change, Share Placing (May 24)
- Chaco Acquires Stake in Middle Magdalena Block (Apr 25)
Company: Gran Tierra Energy more info
- Gran Tierra Receives 'Outperform' Rating After Revealing Exploration Plans (Jun 15)
- Gran Tierra Energy Reveals $38.6 Million Net Loss (Aug 05)
- Gran Tierra Touts Record Production in Colombia (Apr 17)