Encore Completes Williston Basin Acquisition
Encore Acquisition Co. has completed the acquisition of the oil and natural gas properties in the Williston Basin from subsidiaries of Anadarko Petroleum Corp. The Company announced entering into a purchase and sale agreement with subsidiaries of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation on January 25, 2007.
The Company funded the acquisition with borrowings under its five-year, $1.25 billion senior secured credit facility, which currently has a borrowing base of $950 million that matures on March 7, 2012 under which Bank of America serves as administrative agent. The new credit facility is secured by a first-priority lien on certain of the Company's proved oil and natural gas reserves.
Encore Acquisition Company is engaged in the development of onshore North American oil and natural gas reserves. Since 1998, Encore has acquired high-quality assets and grown them through drilling, waterflood, and tertiary projects. Encore's properties are located in the Rockies, the Mid-Continent, and the Permian Basin.
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
Company: Encore Acquisition Company more info
- Denbury, Encore Get Green Light to Merge (Mar 09)
- Denbury to Acquire Encore in $4.5B Deal (Nov 02)
- Encore Acquisition Snaps Up Mid-Continent, East Texas Producing Properties (Jun 29)