Yantai Raffles Extends Frigstad's Option Deadline
Yantai Raffles Shipyard has agreed with Frigstad Discoverer Invest Ltd to extend the April 5, 2007 deadline for executing the contract to build a second rig similar to the 'SS Frigstad Oslo', which is currently under construction at Yantai Raffles. Within this agreement, Frigstad may now declare the option anytime before June 5, 2007.
There is no added cost for Frigstad to extend this option. The added cost, if the option is declared, is 1% per month of the Yard cost.
Within the same agreement, Frigstad also has an option to build yet another rig at Yantai Raffles, whether or not the above option is declared. The due date for this option is October 5, 2007, or 6 months after the effective date for the 2nd rig option.
Frigstad Discoverer Invest is building the most powerful semisubmersible with a Dual Ram Rig, and a water depth capability of 12,000 feet. The company holds options for two sister rigs at the same yard. The estimated all inclusive cost for rig number one, which will be delivered in September 2009, is US $600 million.
Frigstad Discoverer Invest completed a private placement of US $240 million in March 2006, with US $215 million in equity and US $25 million in a convertible bond. Most of the debt financing required to finance the construction of the first rig was secured in February 2007 through issuance of a second lien bond loan amounting to US $200 million. The company has approximately 165 shareholders, and its shares are traded on the Oslo Stock Exchange as of April 10, 2007 under the ticker code FRID.
- Newbuild COSLProspector Semisub Commences Sea Trial Offshore China (Oct 09)
- Aker Solutions Scores Jackup Drilling Equipment Contract (Apr 16)
- China's First Deepwater Semi Delivered (Nov 16)
Company: Frigstad more info
Manages 1 Offshore Rigs
- China's CPOE Inks Deal for Newbuild Semisub Frigstad Shekou (Aug 18)
- CIMC Raffles to Deliver Semisub Frigstad Kristiansand in 2Q 2017 (Apr 01)
- CIMC Raffles Completes Mating Ops for Frigstad's UDW Semisub at Yantai (Jun 25)