Anadarko Closes $8B Credit Facility
Anadarko Petroleum Corp. on Tuesday announced that closing and funding of its previously announced new credit facility. Due to recent asset sale closings and associated continuing debt reduction, the facility size and initial funding amount was reduced to $8 billion rather than the full $10 billion offered by the arranging institutions.
The facility replaces the company's $24 billion acquisition facility, effectively extending the maturity of the remaining debt outstanding under that facility from August 10, 2007 to March 31, 2008. The acquisition facility was used to finance the 2006 acquisitions of Kerr-McGee Corporation and Western Gas Resources, Inc. As part of its portfolio optimization activity, the company has been using proceeds from asset sales to reduce the initial $22.5 billion of borrowings under the original facility.
UBS Investment Bank, Credit Suisse and City, the arrangers of the original acquisition facility, were also the arrangers for the new $8 billion credit facility.
- Synergy Resources Approved as O&G Operator in Colorado (May 13)
- Anardarko Is Winner in U.S. Royalty Case (Jan 13)
- U.S. Official Estimates $31B At Stake in Kerr-McGee Case (Feb 26)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Shale Producers Urge FERC To Deny White Cliffs Oil Pipeline's Fee Request (Feb 23)
- Mozambique Approves Anadarko's $20 Billion Natural Gas Plan (Feb 07)
Company: Western Gas Resources, Inc. more info
- Anadarko Announces $2.2B Midstream Monetization (Dec 27)
- Kodiak Names Henderson Finance Chief (May 07)
- Anadarko Closes $8B Credit Facility (Apr 11)