Saipem Sets New Record in Mexico
The Pemex PB-KU-A2 production platform integrated deck was successfully installed by the Saipem 7000 in full DP mode on Friday, March 9, 2007.
The PB-KU-A2 deck was lifted off the barge only 24 hours after the cargo-barge arrived offshore.
The deck was installed on the jacket in less than three hours with rig-up performed offshore due to no feasibility of any pre-rigging in yard.
Reported lift weight of 9,521 MTe (10,473 T) is the new record in the GOM, beating the previous lift record of 9,025 MTe (9,927 T) held by the Saipem 7000 after the PB-KU-S deck lift on December 14, 2006.
- Gasoline Retailers Face Supply Shortage Due to Mexico Fuel Theft (Nov 01)
- Pemex Signs Landmark Offshore Deal (Sep 21)
- Data, Source: Mexico's State-Run Pemex Pauses Light Crude Exports (Aug 31)
Company: Saipem more info
- Saipem-led JV Wins Contract for LNG Project in Nigeria (Jul 13)
- Three Drilling Contractors Advance in Rigzone Employer Survey (May 24)
- Saipem Scouting Around as Subsea 7 Bid Makes Waves (Apr 24)