Saipem Sets New Record in Mexico
The Pemex PB-KU-A2 production platform integrated deck was successfully installed by the Saipem 7000 in full DP mode on Friday, March 9, 2007.
The PB-KU-A2 deck was lifted off the barge only 24 hours after the cargo-barge arrived offshore.
The deck was installed on the jacket in less than three hours with rig-up performed offshore due to no feasibility of any pre-rigging in yard.
Reported lift weight of 9,521 MTe (10,473 T) is the new record in the GOM, beating the previous lift record of 9,025 MTe (9,927 T) held by the Saipem 7000 after the PB-KU-S deck lift on December 14, 2006.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Crude Processing in Mexico up 9 pct at 834,000 bpd - Pemex CEO (Apr 10)
- Pemex Signs Shale Contract With Lewis Energy In Northern Mexico (Mar 26)
- Mexico Regulator Wants Minority Stake Floated in State Oil Firm Pemex (Mar 22)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Executives: Algeria's Sonatrach, Italy's Saipem Agree To End Disputes (Feb 14)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)