Saipem Sets New Record in Mexico
The Pemex PB-KU-A2 production platform integrated deck was successfully installed by the Saipem 7000 in full DP mode on Friday, March 9, 2007.
The PB-KU-A2 deck was lifted off the barge only 24 hours after the cargo-barge arrived offshore.
The deck was installed on the jacket in less than three hours with rig-up performed offshore due to no feasibility of any pre-rigging in yard.
Reported lift weight of 9,521 MTe (10,473 T) is the new record in the GOM, beating the previous lift record of 9,025 MTe (9,927 T) held by the Saipem 7000 after the PB-KU-S deck lift on December 14, 2006.
- Pemex Assistance Plan Fails to Impress Bondholders (Feb 15)
- Mexican Oil at a Crossroads (Jan 29)
- AMLO Doubles Down to End Fuel Theft after PEMEX Explosion (Jan 21)
Company: Saipem more info
- Saipem Wins Contracts for Semisub, Jack-up (Apr 05)
- Saipem in Talks to Divest Its Drilling Business (Apr 01)
- $220 Million in Drilling Contracts Go to Saipem (Mar 13)