TGS Kicks Off Mekong Delta Survey
TGS-Nopec Geophysical Co.ASA (TGS) said Wednesday that it has begun acquisition of a 46,000 square kilometer non-exclusive aeromagnetic survey in the Mekong Delta area of Vietnam. A planned second phase of acquisition will include aerogravity data. The survey is strongly supported by industry pre-funding and is being carried out in collaboration with Petrovietnam.
"The Mekong Delta has good, yet untested hydrocarbon potential and numerous oil companies have expressed interest to both TGS and Petrovietnam to see this survey undertaken. The survey area is adjacent to productive areas offshore but lacks any previous geophysical data to define basin architecture," said Paul Gilleran, TGS General Manager Asia-Pacific region.
TGS-Nopec Geophysical Company (TGS) is a leading global provider of multi-client geoscientific data, associated products and services to the oil and gas industry. TGS specializes in the creation of non-exclusive seismic surveys worldwide. The company also provides advanced depth imaging solutions and software through its TGS Imaging division.
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
- Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program (Aug 04)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)