Gazprom's Miller and Total's de Margerie Discuss Shtokman
On Monday, Gazprom Chairman Alexey Miller and Total CEO Christophe de Margerie held a working meeting at Gazprom's Moscow headquarters. Both sides examined cooperation issues in the gas sector, focusing on opportunities for cooperation under the framework of the Shtokman gas condensate field development project.
The Shtokman gas and condensate field is located in the central part of the Russian sector of the Barents Sea offshore. Approved by the Russian Federation Nature Ministry's State Commission for Mineral Resources in January 2006, Shtokman's C1+C2 reserves make up 3.7 tcm of gas and over 31 mln t of gas condensate.
In October 2006, the Gazprom Management Committee decided that pipeline gas deliveries from the Shtokman field to the European market would take priority over LNG shipments. Shtokman was identified as the resource base for Russian gas export to Europe via the Nord Stream gas pipeline. Gazprom will develop the field on its own, without foreign partners.
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- Gazprom Says Sanctions Won't Stop Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Project (Aug 30)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Nord Stream more info
- Wasco Signs $674M Contract for Nord Stream 2 Project (Sep 07)
- Wasco Bags Pipe Coating, Storing Tender for Nord Stream 2 Project (Jul 11)
- Dominion Gas Tapped as Nord Stream Supplier (Apr 06)