AusGroup Wins Gas Platform Project
AusGroup Limited (AGL) has continued its strong growth in its Australian operations, receiving a binding letter of intent into a contract worth approximately A$26-28 million. Work will commence immediately and is scheduled for completion by FY2008.
In an agreement with an unnamed customer, which is one of Europe's biggest oilfield service companies by market capitalization, AusGroup will undertake work for the procurement, fabrication and loadout of an unmanned wellhead platform. The work on the gas platform includes the jacket, the topside modules and the piles. This subsea platform will be connected to an onshore gas plant. The gas extracted will be transported via an 18" subsea pipeline 108 km long.
This work is part of a project initiated by the Australian government to develop the gas fields in the waters near Western Australia and Northern Territory borders. The wellhead platform will be located in 52 meters of water approximately 245 km southwest of Darwin.
Commented Mr Stuart Kenny, Managing Director of AusGroup, "Against the strong competition, we have been working tirelessly for the past 6 months to bid and secure the project. We are delighted to participate in this project. This contract win is an affirmation of our capabilities as well as our relationships with the major oil & gas players."
The Initial Public Offering of AusGroup Limited was sponsored by Westcomb Capital Pte. Ltd.
AusGroup Limited is a Sesdaq-listed energy & resources specialist. It is primarily based in Australia, where it is a dominant player in the supply of total engineering solutions, which includes fabrication, mechanical installations and maintenance. Being involved in the building, maintaining and upgrading of infrastructure, plant and equipment used in the extraction and processing of energy & resources, AusGroup is well positioned to benefit from the increasing capital investments in these industries. Through its acquisition of Cactus Engineering, AusGroup has established a presence in Singapore, which will be used as a platform to more regional growth.
Incorporated in Singapore on 1st September 1990, Cactus is an engineering machining and
fabrication specialist in the oil and gas exploration and extraction industry, such as machining,
fabrication, repair and services including design and engineering of drilling spools, wellhead
equipment, protective frames, etc. Cactus services major oilfield equipment manufacturing companies in the region, including Vetco Gray, FMC Technologies, Cooper Cameron, National Oilwell and Baker Oil Tools.
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add The Most Oil Rigs In A Week Since June (Nov 10)
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Baker Hughes: US Oil Rig Count Falls by Most in Week Since May 2016 (Nov 03)
Company: Cameron Corporation more info
- Keppel O&M Completes Acquisition of Cameron's Offshore Product Division (May 03)
- EU Clears Acquisition Of Cameron By Schlumberger (Feb 05)
- Cameron Stockholders Vote Yes to Schlumberger Merger (Dec 17)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)
Company: VetcoGray more info
- Hayward Tyler on Track to Deliver Motor to VetcoGray in Norway (Feb 10)
- GE Oil & Gas Boosts Lobito Tomboco Output (Feb 02)
- Shell Places First Order for VetcoGray Subsea Tree (Feb 01)
Company: National Oilwell Varco more info
- Robotics and Automation: The Oil, Gas Skillsets of the Future (Nov 15)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Shale Drilling Technology to Head Overseas in Next Market Upturn (Oct 27)
Company: AusGroup Limited (AGL) more info
- Singapore's Marco Polo Marine Seeks To Delay Bond Payment (Sep 14)
- AusGroup Signs Deal with Technip for Work on Shell's Prelude FLNG Project (Jul 14)
- CB&I Kentz JV Extends Contract with AusGroup for LNG Projects in Australia (Dec 24)
Company: Cactus Engineering more info
- AusGroup's Cactus Receives Orders Booster (Apr 16)
- AusGroup Wins Gas Platform Project (Apr 04)