Great Artesian Gives All-clear for Growth
Peter Hopkins, Chairman of Great Artesian Oil and Gas Limited, said Tuesday's announcement by Drillsearch Energy Limited that it would not exercise its option to acquire the Beach Petroleum shareholding in Great Artesian was not unexpected in view of the premium involved. However, it removed the remaining area of uncertainty that has clouded the Company for the last few months.
'We are now able to focus 100% on active development of the great growth prospects that our Company has, with Beach Petroleum as our largest shareholder, a new managing director appointed yesterday and major new offshore exploration areas, also announced yesterday," Hopkins said.
Drillsearch reported Tuesday it would not proceed with exercising an option that it had to acquire the Beach stake of 19% in Great Artesian at $0.51 per share.
"Now that Great Artesian has a new managing director and the situation regarding the Drillsearch option has been resolved, we look forward to working closely with Beach Petroleum as our major shareholder and joint venture partner," Hopkins said.
Great Artesian announced yesterday that oil industry veteran Andrew Carroll had been appointed Managing Director and exploration manager, Chris Carty, had been appointed as Technical Director of the Company. Carroll has more than 30 year's experience in oil and gas with BP, Ampolex, Interoil Corporation and AGL Energy.
Great Artesian also announced it had been awarded further exploration
licenses in the Gippsland Basin, making it the net largest offshore acreage
holder in the Bass Strait with 8,297 sq km. It has acquired areas on the
southern flank of the Basin, reasoning that oil and gas has migrated from the
center of the main basin to the flank, where it is sealed by the overlying Lakes
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: InterOil more info
- Exxon, InterOil Extend Merger Deadlines (Dec 14)
- Total Seen Unlikely to Fight ExxonMobil over South Pacific Gas (Jul 20)
- InterOil Spuds Triceratops-3 Well in Papua New Guinea (Jun 15)
Company: Beach Petroleum more info
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)
Company: Drillsearch Energy more info
- Beach Energy Makes $31M in Annual Savings Through Merger with Drillsearch (Apr 27)
- Australia's Beach Energy Completes Merger with Drillsearch Energy (Mar 01)
- Australia's Federal Court Approves Beach Energy-Drillsearch Energy Merger (Feb 18)
Company: Great Artesian Oil & Gas more info
- Australian JV Pulls Out of Offshore Exploration Permit EPP27 (Mar 20)
- Drillsearch Kicks Off Drilling at Planet Downs-1 (Feb 23)
- Drillsearch, Red Sky Arrange Stakes in Planet Downs Spud (Feb 18)
Company: AGL Energy more info
- AGL To Give Up Gas Production As Energy Prices Plunge (Feb 04)
- Partners in Australia's ATP 1056 JV Keen on AGL's 40% Stake in Permit (Sep 15)
- Beach Energy Acquires 40% Stake in ATP 1056 Permit in Queensland (Aug 11)
Company: Ampolex more info
- Great Artesian Gives All-clear for Growth (Apr 03)