BHP Taps Wong as External Affairs VP
BHP Billiton on Monday announced the appointment of Teresa Wong as Vice President External Affairs for its worldwide petroleum business. She will be based in Houston and will direct the company's communications efforts with stakeholders in multiple countries where BHP Billiton Petroleum explores for, produces and markets oil and gas.
"Teresa has considerable expertise in external affairs and a keen understanding of the oil and gas industry," said Michael Yeager, Group President of Energy for BHP Billiton. "As BHP Billiton transitions its global petroleum headquarters to Houston, she will play a key role in helping the company enhance its presence in the Houston area and North America, as well as with the many host governments and communities across the globe where we operate."
Wong brings wide-ranging experience in corporate communications, public affairs and financial disclosure. Before joining BHP Billiton, she led the public affairs efforts for Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, an independent exploration and production company. Wong previously held positions with Conoco, Inc., and has also worked in broadcast journalism, magazine publishing and as a contributing writer and editor.
Wong is a Houston native and a graduate of the University of St. Thomas.
BHP Billiton is the world's largest diversified resources company, with a portfolio of high-quality, long-life assets and a significant pipeline of growth projects. The company employs approximately 37,000 people at more than 100 locations in more than 25 countries. BHP Billiton Petroleum is a substantial oil and gas exploration and production business. Its principal activities are oil and natural gas production, exploration and development. The company has a significant deepwater position in the Gulf of Mexico and hold interests in approximately 400 lease blocks.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)