Petrofac Takes Reins of Dubai's Offshore Oil & Gas Assets
Petrofac, the international oil & gas facilities service provider, has assumed full operational responsibility for well and facilities management of Dubai's offshore oil and gas assets on behalf of Dubai Petroleum Establishment (DPE), an entity wholly owned by the government of Dubai. This follows an eight-month process during which DPE, Petrofac and outgoing concession-holders Dubai Petroleum Company have worked side-by-side to ensure a smooth and safe transition of operatorship and control.
The Dubai offshore assets comprise four offshore oil fields with around 70 platforms, operated by some 600 staff now absorbed into Petrofac and further supported by a large number of specialist contractors.
Rob Pinchbeck, chief executive of Petrofac's Operations Services division, noted: "We are delighted today to welcome into the Petrofac team many new colleagues and proud to be part of this landmark development in Dubai's petroleum industry. We look forward to serving the new Dubai Petroleum and to working with our customer to extend and enhance production."
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)
Company: Dubai Petroleum Establishment (DPE) more info
- DPE Discovers Gas at T-02 Well in Dubai's Offshore Fateh Field (Oct 14)
- Technip Bags EPCI Contract from DPE for the Jalilah B field off Dubai (Jan 28)
- Dubai Says New Oil Field to Start Operations within a Year (Feb 05)