Gaz de France Increases UK North Sea Position
Gaz de France's UK subsidiary, GDF Britain Ltd, has purchased a package of interests in ten offshore licenses from CGGVeritas, seven in the Central North Sea area and three in the West of Shetlands area of the UK Continental Shelf (UKCS).
The transferred licenses include a 15% interest in an appraisal well operated by Maersk Oil planned for the second quarter of 2007 on the Ockley discovery in block 30/01d, and a 30% interest in an appraisal well operated by Venture Production Company on the Milburn discovery in block 22/22c, to be drilled later this year.
The other assets acquired include a 10% interest in the Handcross prospect in block 204/19c West of Shetlands plus two other licenses in the area, 100% interest in three 23rd Round Licenses and one wholly owned license awarded in the recent 24th Round. A full list is given below.
"This acquisition adds significant potential to areas identified by Gaz de France as key to our expansion in the Central North Sea and West of Shetlands areas of the UKCS. These interests reinforce Gaz de France's ambition to target medium risk assets in the North Sea." said Mark Hughes, Managing Director of GDF Britain Ltd.
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)
Company: CGGVeritas more info
- CGG Qualifies as Mexican Reserves Auditor (May 17)
- Karoon Engages CGGVeritas for 3D Seismic Survey in Permit WA-482-P (Jun 19)
- CGG: New Identity, New Acquisition (Jan 28)