JDR Wins Subsea Umbilical Order from Eni
JDR Umbilical Systems has been awarded a further umbilical contract for its Asia Pacific facility in Thailand. The award was placed by Eni Australia Pty. Ltd., for the Woollybutt field, located on the NW Shelf. Two umbilicals, totalling approximately 9km in length, are due for installation later this year.
The Woollybutt field was originally developed in 2002 and consists of an FPSO and subsea trees. The new umbilicals will be tied back to existing subsea facilities. A specialized electric cable, designed by JDR to mitigate against gas permeation into the conductors, will be incorporated into the umbilical.
"JDR has previously supplied all existing umbilicals for the Woollybutt subsea development from our UK facility, and after Eni's careful evaluation and inspection of our quayside facility in Thailand, we are very pleased to receive this order and continue our excellent working relationship," said Patrick Phelan, JDR's Managing Director.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: JDR Umbilical Systems more info
- JDR Secures Aker Umbilicals Contract (Mar 01)
- JDR Umbilical Systems Picks Up Australia Work (Oct 10)
- JDR Wins Subsea Umbilical Order from Eni (Mar 29)