JBIC Signs US$170mn Frade Field Deal
Japan's international development bank JBIC has signed a U$170mn loan agreement with Japan's FJPL oil consortium for the development of the offshore Frade field in Brazil, JBIC said in a statement.
Frade is due to start production in 2009 and reach peak production of 100,000b/d, JBIC said.
The Japanese consortium, made up of Inpex, Sojitz and Jogmec, has a minority 18.26% working interest in the field operated by US oil company Chevron (NYSE: CVX) with 51.74%.
Brazil's federal oil company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR) has a 30% interest in the block.
Frade is in the Campos basin at water depths of 1,000-1,300m. Chevron already has announced development plans with total investments of some US$2.4bn.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: Sojitz Corporation more info
- VAALCO Agrees to Acquire Sojitz's Stake in Etame Marin Permit Off Gabon (Aug 02)
- IPR Scores Another Alam El Bueib Discovery in Egypt's Western Desert (Sep 02)
- VAALCO Buys More Time for Etame Permit Off Gabon (Dec 01)