Tap Takes Stake in WA-191-P Offshore Australia
Tap Oil has entered into an agreement with Woodside Energy Ltd to acquire its 8.2% interest in exploration permit WA-191-P in the Carnarvon Basin.
WA-191-P is located in the proven Carnarvon Basin between Tap's WA-8-L (which contains the recent Amulet discovery) and the Exeter-Mutineer oil development. WA-191-P contains numerous prospects and leads with the most important for Tap being the Totem prospect, which is located 4 kilometers North East of the Amulet field and has been approved for drilling by the joint venture.
The successful acquisition of this interest in WA-191-P enhances the potential for the commercialization of the Amulet discovery. A discovery at Totem could be developed in combination with the Amulet field. The Totem-1 well is anticipated to be drilled in the second quarter of 2007. In addition, a second promising exploration well, Fletcher-1, is anticipated around the middle of 2007.
WA-191-P Joint Venture participants are Tap (Shelfal) Pty Ltd. with 8.2%; Santos as operator with 33.4%; Nippon Oil with 25% and Kufpec with 33.4%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)