Gulf Shores Says Laurel Valley Well has Spud
Gulf Shores Resources says drilling operations have commenced on the Laurel Valley prospect located in the outer Moray Firth area in the U.K. sector of the North Sea. The operator, Oilexco, is drilling the well using the Transocean Sedco 712 semisub. The well will evaluate three prospective reservoir targets identified on a 250 square kilometer 3D seismic survey.
The well is located 24 km south of the 639 million barrel Claymore field, 20 km south of the 132 million barrel Scapa field, 23 km southwest of the 465 million barrel Scott field and nine kilometers north of the 592 BCF Goldeneye field.
Gulf Shores Resources Ltd., through its wholly owned U.K. subsidiary is paying 12.5% of the cost of the Laurel Valley #1 well to earn a 9.4% interest in the well and Seaward Production Licenses P1089 and P1295 covering blocks 14/28a, 14/29b and 14/23b.
The Laurel Valley well is expected to take approximately 30 days to drill and is the first of a three well North Sea 2007 drilling program.
Gulf Shores Resources Ltd. is reviewing other North Sea exploration projects.
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Oilexco more info
- Flexlife Completes Major Projects Using New Scanning Technology (Sep 15)
- Oilexco Files Eighth Default Status Report (Jul 21)
- Oil's Move Could Fuel E&P Deals (May 27)
Company: Gulf Shores Resources more info
- Gulf Shores Reports Bakken Oil Discovery in Saskatchewan (Sep 01)
- Completion Ops Underway at Gulf Shores' Saskatchewan Well (Aug 25)
- Gulf Shores Starts Drilling Ops in Southeast Saskatchewan (Aug 19)