Modec's FSO Cidade de Macae MV15 Sets Sail for Brazil
MODEC reports that the FSO CIDADE DE MACAE MV15 has finished sea trials and has set sail for final installation offshore Brazil.
The FSO CIDADE DE MACAE MV15 will be part of the Planned Development and Distribution (PDET) offshore oil field facility, designed by Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras), to be the production hub for multiple floating production units in Campos Basin and will be part of one of the most sophisticated offshore oil distribution facilities in the world.
The FSO is capable of receiving up to 818,000 barrels of oil per day and has a storage capacity of approximately 2,150,000 barrels. She will be installed in approximately 100 meters water depth.
MODEC will own and operate the FSO under a 20-year agreement with Petrobras.
"We are very proud of this vessel," says Shashank Karve, President and CEO of MODEC International LLC. "She was converted from an ultra large crude carrier (ULCC) and is more than 420 meters long - one of the largest F(P)SOs in the world. The FSO CIDADE DE MACAE MV15 is fitted with one of the largest external turrets ever constructed, which was engineered and manufactured by SOFEC. She is a very impressive addition to our existing fleet of FPSO/FSOs."
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)